October 1, 2011

Day 1 of Self Imposed Blogging Challenge

Today's post was made instantly easier when Garrett surprised me with a beautiful, black KitchenAid mixer!

I was so stoked to clean off part of the counter to find it's new home, which I'm not totally sold on yet... right above is where I keep all my spices, baking goodies, canned goods etc and I see some sort of terrible, terrible accident happening.

I can't believe I actually have one of these.

I tried her out today, making these cookies again. The first time I did them in that post, I mixed the dough by hand. The second time, I mixed them using my Cuisinart hand mixer which I've decided is a little bit too powerful, because for this recipe, it almost whipped the dough and made the consistency too smooth. The cookie bites were good but not chunky like I prefer. When I made them tonight in the mixer with the flat paddle on 2 it was just perfect. And for such a sticky, tough dough, it was much easier than mixing by hand, and it kept the chunky texture that I love.

Tomorrow, I make bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment