October 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Leftovers Pt II

This post comes a bit late; I made it last Sunday from the last of the leftovers and some frozen turkey bones from my fam. I made a large amount of turkey stock and decided to use all of it in one soup. We froze about half of it since I can't seem to get enough of freezing things right now.

Turkey Soup

1 tbsp canola oil
2 cloves garlic
1 sm onion
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup mushrooms
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp tarragon
1 tsp t hyme
Salt to taste
8-10 cups homemade turkey stock
1 can evaporated milk
2 cups chopped cooked turkey
1.5 cups rice

* Most of these are only approximates, so add more or less depending on what you like!

1. Cook rice and set aside.
2. Heat oil in large pot.
3. Saute garlic & onion
4. Add vegetables, cook for about 5 mins
5. Add spices and flour, cook about 1 min
6. Add liquids and bring to a boil
7. Reduce heat and simmer until ready to serve.
8. Add chopped turkey, rice and serve!

I don't have pictures of this one, but I assure you it was yummy! I do have pictures of turkey pot pie I made...




No comments:

Post a Comment